Spinach Sausage CupsFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2 shallots, finely diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- lil olive oil shopping list
- 1/4-1t dried pepper flakes shopping list
- 1lb fresh spinach leaves, torn into small pieces shopping list
- 8oz Portabello mushrooms, diced shopping list
- 1lb ground Italian sausage(I used hot) shopping list
- 6oz mascarpone cheese(can sub cream cheese, if desired) shopping list
- about 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan, Asiago or romano cheese shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 24 phyllo cups shopping list
How to make it
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until shallot is tender.
- Add pepper flakes, sausage and mushrooms and cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Add spinach, a lil at a time, stirring well, just until it's all added.
- Immediately add the mascarpone and stir well over low heat just until cheese is melted and mixed through. Don't overcook the spinach! :-)
- Add some pepper and stir well.
- Fill cups with the filling and top with grated cheese.
- Bake per package directions for the phyllo cups until they are lightly golden brown and cheese is melting. Serve hot or room temp, but don't let 'em get too cold!