Crisp Onion BloomFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 lb vidalia onion shopping list
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- ¼ ounce cornflake crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- ---dip----- shopping list
- ½ cup fatfree sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fatfree mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 prepared horseradish shopping list
- 2 small garlic cloves; finely minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-cup round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim root end of onion so that it stands upright.
- Peel and cut 1/2" from top.
- With sharp knife, cut triangular slices to center of onion, slicing from top down and stopping 1/2" from bottom, working your way around onion to make several "petals."
- Place upright in microwave-safe, covered dish and lightly coat in cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave 2 minutes, until petals have begun to separate.
- In small bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, peppers and salt.
- In medium bowl, beat egg white until foamy.
- Dip cooked onion into beaten white, coating petals thoroughly.
- Place in prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with cornflake crumb mixture.
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish and garlic.
- Serve cooked onion immediately, with dip on the side
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating8 people
Oh my! This looks phenomenal! My boyfriend LOVES the Outback Blooming Onion! Yours sounds AWESOME! I think I may even be able to fool myself into thinking this is "good" for me! Love the corn flakes instead of the deep fried goodness/artery clog...moredahlka in Lancaster loved it
Made this last night! Absolutely perfect!!!dahlka in Lancaster loved it
I love this- not fried! AWESOMEsuzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Party Food316 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members