SconesFrom mariusooms 6 months ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 6 tbsp cold butter (60 gr) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup whipped cream shopping list
Chocolate chocolate chip
- 1 cup dark, milk or white chocolate (or mix together, 1cup total) shopping list
Raspberry white chocolate chip
- 1 cup raspberries shopping list
- 1 cup white chocolate shopping list
Blueberry dark chocolate chip
- 1 cup blueberries shopping list
- 1 cup dark chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180° C or 350° F.
- 2. Mix all the dry ingredients together, no need to sift.
- 3. Cut the butter into small pieces and start working it into the flour until completely mixed.
- 4. Add the optional ingredients depending on your scone of choice.
- 5. On the side mix together 1 egg and 1 cup of whipped cream.
- 6. Mix the egg and whipped cream mixture together with the dry ingredients. Just fold in together, DO NOT work it hard. Just fold it and and leave it, this is the secret to make it fluffy.
- 7. Put some flour on your tabletop and make a ball from the dough. Flatten the ball to about 5 cm in height.
- 8. Cut the dough into 8 large pieces. If you want to make 16 small scones, just create two balls from the dough.
- 9. Put the pieces on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush lightly with whipped cream and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- 10. Bake until light golden brown. Let it cool and enjoy with some jam and/or whipped cream.
The Cookmariusooms Heerde, Netherlands
- Not added to any groups yet!