Beer Battered Grilled Cheese SandwichesFrom frankieanne 4 months ago
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon shopping list
- 4 slices rustic white bread (I used sourdough) shopping list
- 2 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 2 slices cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer (I used a lager) shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-stick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium high heat to 375F (I used my electric skillet). In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwich on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- blackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- anniek39 ROCHESTER, NEW YORK
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- renalyon Nowhere, Us
- dennydca Las Vegas, NV
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- shellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!