Grilled Flank Steak With Black Pepper ButterFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 750 g/ 1 1/2 lbs. flank steak shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 shallots, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- black pepper Butter: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tsp. grainy mustard (I just used Dijon) shopping list
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Trim flank steak and score the surface in 2" intervals. Score again across the cuts. Place in a large dish.
- Whisk together marinade ingrednets and pour over steak. Marinate at room temperature for four hours.
- Whisk together butter ingredients. I put four dollops of the mixed butter on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerated until it was time to serve the steak.
- Grill steak for about 8 minutes on each side (BBQ temp at 350F) until medium rare or to your taste.
- Place steak on carving board and slice into thin slices against the grain.
- Serve with a pat of the mustard butter on top of the steak slices.
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!