Keni's Homemade Yummy Scrumptious BarsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut(or ANY nut) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered fiber shopping list
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal shopping list
- 3 cups oats shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups dried fruit, nuts, or baking morsels(peanut butter, chocolate or cinnamon all work well) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine milk and fiber powder with peanut butter
- Combine cereal, oats and fruit/nut/morsels then combine with the peanut butter mixture.
- Add honey and mix once more until well mixed and mixture holds together when pressed.
- Press into a lightly sprayed or buttered sheet cake pan(ie 11X15 or so)
- Using a piece of waxed paper, make sure mixture is pressed VERY firmly into pan.
- Let rest in pan for 12 hours then cut into bars and wrap individually for quick grab access! :)
- **if desired, drizzle with melted chocolate mixed with a lil butter or coconut oil
- ***PLEASE NOTE*** These bars, as written, are more fragile than store bought. You have to pack them REALLY tight and let them rest for several hours(over night is best) before trying to cut them, then make sure to wrap them individually very tightly, too, to retain their shape. They still may crumble a bit. :) To remedy this, heat the peanut(or other nut) butter with 1-2 cups of mini marshmallows until melted, then continue with the recipe as written.