Garlic Parmesan Flat BreadFrom keni 1 year ago
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4T olive oil, divided shopping list
- a lil honey(probably 1t or so) shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 1/4t yeast shopping list
- 2-3 cups of flour(reserve the last 1/2) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water, yeast honey and 1T oil in large glass bowl or bowl of an electric mixer. Let rest until foamy.
- Meanwhile, give the garlic a quick saute in the remaining olive oil over medium low heat and let cool. I only cooked it while the yeast proofed.
- Add most of the rest of the flour, cheese salt and pepper to the yeast mixture and mix to combine until a dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface(or just let our stand mixer do it! ;) and knead about 5 minutes until a slightly sticky dough forms. Dough should be smooth.
- Lightly oil or spray the bowl and put the dough back in, turning a few times to oil the entire dough ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place until it rises to double it's size. 1 1/2-2hr
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Punch dough down and sprinkle with a lil more flour and, with floured hands, pull off 6 portions of bread and roll or smooth them out into 5-6 inch circles.
- Drizzle a lil more oil in the heated pan(by a lil, I mean a lil... couple t, maybe)
- Place a piece of dough on the hot skillet and cook about 1 minute then flip and cook another minute or so. Bread should be slightly puffed and golden brown.
- *I am not so good at bead directions, so, please, if you have any questions, ask me...or a better bread instructor! ;)