Older Than The Hills Butter CookiesFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2 cups salted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 cups flour(slightly more or less, possibly) shopping list
For butter Cream Frosting
- 1 stick salted butter, softened shopping list
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2t vanilla shopping list
- 4-6T half and half, cream or milk, depending on desired consistency shopping list
- baking goodies like sprinkles or candies(optional) shopping list
How to make it
For Butter Cookies
- Cream butter with sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour a lil at a time until a stiff workable dough forms.
- Let refrigerate at about 15 minutes.
- Roll cookies out on a clean, dry surface with a lil flour, if needed, to avoid sticking. Roll out to between 1/4-1/2 inch sheet.
- Cut with metal cookie cutters.
- Place on prepared baking sheet(parchment works best) or a baking stone(this is what I use)
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12-14 minutes until edges are just starting to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool at least 15 minutes on the pan then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Ice cookies when completely cooled.
For Butter Cream Frosting
- Beat butter with vanilla and careflly add powdered sugar alternating with a T at a time of cream and mix well. Continue until desired consitency is achieved. I don't do the smooth perfect iced cookies, because we like the more rustic look...it's what we remember...but, you could ice these cookies with any favorite glaze or icing, if desired.
- Decorate as desired.
- **this cookie dough can also be rolled into a log, chilled well, and sliced to bake rather than rolling out to ice and decorate.