Dijon Perogi And SpinachFrom keni 10 months ago
- 18-24 Perogi(depending on serving size desired... 3-4 per person :) shopping list
- Couple T each olive oil and butter shopping list
- 1lb fresh baby spinach, roughly torn shopping list
- 1 large sweet or red onion, diced or sliced in half moons shopping list
- 1-4 jalapenos(or other hot peppers) or sweet red peppers, chopped or sliced in rings shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- several dashes hot sauce shopping list
- about 1-1 1/2 cups heavy cream OR 8oz mascarpone cheese shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large, high sided saute pan.
- Add onion and peppers and saute about 5 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add perogi and let perogi brown on one side, then flip and brown on the other.
- Once browned and cooked through, add garlic and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and toss to coat with the oil and hot perogi so it wilts slightly.
- Add Dijon, hot sauce, cream, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cook while stirring to melt and thicken and coat spinach and perogi with sauce.
- Serve hot.