Pasta With Browned Butter And MizithraFrom CaraSings 3 years ago
How to make it
- Browned Butter Procedure: Cut sticks of butter into 8 pieces and place in a 2-quart sauce pan. Place the pan of butter on a burner on medium heat. Bring butter to a slow boil.
- Once the butter begins to boil, stir constantly to prevent residue from sticking to the bottom of the pan. As the butter cooks, it will start to foam and rise. Continue stirring (about 5 minutes), otherwise the butter foam could overflow and catch fire.
- Once the butter stops foaming and rising, cook until amber in color (about 1 to 2 minutes). It will have a pleasant caramel aroma.
- Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Let the sediment settle to the bottom of the pan for a few minutes while you boil the pasta until al dente and drain..
- Pour the brown butter through a strainer into a small bowl. Do not disturb the residue at the bottom of the pan.
- You can serve this family style by pouring the strained butter over all the pasta and serving the cheese on the side (to be added by each person), or you can plate ahead, dividing the butter and cheese equally among four plates.