Ham and Cheese fondue casseroleFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 3 cups good quality French bread, cubed shopping list
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- Few drops Frank's hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a buttered 8cup casserole dish, make a layer of 1/3 of the bread, ham, and cheese cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and mustard. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over mixture over bread/ham/cheese layer.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon butter over flour and mustard mixture.
- Repeat with remaining bread, ham, cheese, flour mixture and butter.
- Should have 3 layers.
- Beat eggs with milk and hot sauce until foamy.
- Pour over layers.
- Cover. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until puffed golden.
- Serve hot with hot rolls and a tossed salad.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!