Greatest Granola FeastFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- POSTRIO GRANOLA shopping list
- Makes about 16 servings shopping list
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1 pound rolled oats shopping list
- 1/4 pound sliced blanched almonds shopping list
- 1/4 pound raw shelled cashews shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 10 ounces unsalted butter (or less if you want a lower-fat result) shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1 cup seedless raisins or assorted chopped dried fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread the coconut evenly in a thin layer on a baking sheet or in a baking pan. Bake it until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes, keeping careful watch to ensure that it doesn't burn. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a bowl to cool. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds and cashews. Add the brown sugar, orange zest, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and stir well to combine.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and syrup and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until the butter has melted and the mixture is hot but not yet boiling. Pour this mixture evenly over the dry ingredients and stir well to coat them evenly.
- Lightly grease one or two rimmed baking sheets or baking pans. Empty the mixture onto the sheet or sheets and, with a large spoon or spatula, spread it and press it down to an even thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Transfer the baking sheet or sheets to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Then, very carefully invert the mixture onto another greased sheet or pan and bake until it reaches a deep golden brown color, 10 to 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the sheet or sheets to wire racks, leaving them to cool completely. Remove the granola and, by hand, break it into bite-sized chunks, placing them in a clean mixing bowl. Add the raisins or dried fruit and the toasted coconut and toss well to combine. Transfer to one or more airtight containers and store at cool room temperature.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating3 people
I love granola. Especially on Greek Yogurt and honey on top! Thanks for this post.recipediva in Philly loved it