Super Easy Slow Cooker Beef StewFrom littlesponger 1 month ago
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes (I used chuck) shopping list
- 6 oz tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups sodium reduced beef broth shopping list
- 3 potatoes, diced (waxy potatoes are best - red, white, Yukon gold) shopping list
- 4 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn shopping list
How to make it
- Place cubed beef in crock pot (no need to brown it first). Combine bay leaf, celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, 2 1/2 cup beef broth, and tomato paste in the crock pot. I used a 3.5 qt crockpot for this stew. Don't be alarmed that the liquid is only a couple of inches deep (don't add additional liquid - there will be plenty when the dish is done).
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 6-7 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the peas, corn (no need to defrost first). In a small bowl whisk together the flour and remaining 1/2 cup of beef broth, creating a smooth paste. Stir into the stew. Replace the slow cooker cover and cook until thickened (about 15-20 minutes). Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Serve over rice or buttered noodles.