Chocolate Oatmeal No-bake BarsFrom cinnamongal 11 months ago
- 1 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut oil shopping list
- 2 cups old fashioned oats shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, raisins, or dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips (or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you prefer) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a square, 9x9 pan with cooking spray (and parchment, if desired) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, chopped nuts (and/or dried fruit) and chocolate. Set aside.
- In a medium sized, heavy bottomed saucepan, heat coconut oil, peanut butter and honey until completely melted and combined. Keep heat low so it doesn't burn, and stir frequently.
- Pour the hot mixture over the oat mixture, and combine with a spatula until chocolate is melted.
- Press mixture into pan and smooth top. Tap on counter top to even out the top.
- Refrigerate (or freeze) until chocolate is hardened.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then turn on to a large cutting board.
- Cut into bars, and store in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy cold.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!