Spicy Peanut SoupFrom vegalicious 9 years ago
- 1 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 100 grams fresh mung bean sprouts shopping list
- 2 tbs. oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tbs. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 liter vegetable bouillon shopping list
- splash Tabasco shopping list
- 1 tbs. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up your oil in a good sized sauce pan. Add in the onions and saute until glassy.
- Put in the garlic and lightly brown it.
- Add the bouillon and the peanut butter. Stir this well to mix.
- Add the spices and tomato paste. Allow to simmer until warm and blended well.
- Season to taste with salt, Tabasco sauce and a pinch of sugar.
- Just prior to serving add the fresh mung bean sprouts. Do not cook the bean sprouts! Their natural crunchiness adds a contrast to the smoothness of the soup.
The Cookvegalicious Almere, NL
The Rating5 people
this is a great recipe! i love the flavor. the only thing i would change is to only use half an onion -- there was a bit too much for my taste.suzy in Boulder loved it
This soup was EXCELLENT! Love the bean sprouts.boofie in Salt Lake City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!