Christmas Spritz (aka Butter Cookies)From krumkake 10 months ago
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (you can sub any flavoring you like - lemon, almond, orange - add a small amount of the fruit zest if you use lemon or orange) shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- decorative sprinkles, crystallized sugar, finely ground nuts, etc, for decorating shopping list
How to make it
- Beat softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and baking powder, beat well.
- Add egg and extract, and zest, if using that option; beat until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as possible with the mixer, then use a wooden spoon to mix in any remaining flour (I was able to use the mixer for all the flour).
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH!
- Pack dough into your cookie press, fitted with the design of your choice.
- Force dough through press onto ungreased baking sheets (I used silpat lined pans for ease of baking and removing the cookies).
- Decorate the tops before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms begin to brown JUST slightly.
- Cool and decorate with additional melted, tinted white chocolate, if desired (I melted and tinted some white chocolate then put it into small squeeze bottles designed for frosting decorating - you can probably find such bottles at a craft store or specialty kitchen/baking shop.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!