Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Ice CreamFrom pinchmysalt 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan over med-low heat, stir together the half-and-half and sugar. When the mix begins to simmer, promptly remove it from heat.
- Whisk half of the cream mixture into the eggs (you need to whisk quickly so as not to scramble the eggs!).
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan, and stir in your heavy cream.
- Now with a sharp knife, cut the vanilla bean in half (lengthwise) then use the knife to scrape out the tiny seeds on the inside. Add the vanilla bean and the seeds to cream mixture.
- Return cream mixture to the stove and continue cooking over med-low heat, stirring continually, until the mix is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Now remove this from the heat and whisk in your cinnamon. Set this aside to cool, then refrigerate until cold. Use plastic wrap to cover the surface. This will prevent a skin from forming.
- Finally pour the cold mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze it following the manufacturer’s instructions.
The Cookpinchmysalt Sicily, IT
The Rating5 people
I got to try this! yummy!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
Oh my gosh this is a must try will be saving this recipe for sure.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
My favorite ice cream - EVER!!! Especially with apple pie :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!