Elegant Hot Dog RelishFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 13 medium cucumbers washed and finely chopped shopping list
- 3 red bell peppers washed seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 6 green bell peppers washed seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- l extra large sweet onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 gallon water shopping list
- 1/4 cup pickling salt shopping list
- 4 cups distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 6 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons mustard seed shopping list
- 4 teaspoons celery seed shopping list
- 15-1/2 ounce can crushed pineapple shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon turmeric shopping list
- l cup all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix 1 gallon water and pickling salt then pour over vegetables and let stand overnight.
- Thoroughly wash and scald 11 pint size jars.
- Keep hot until needed.
- Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- In large kettle bring vegetables and water to a boil.
- Drain vegetables thoroughly.
- Wash kettle then combine vegetables, vinegar, water, sugar, mustard and celery seeds.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile drain pineapple juice into a glass measure reserving fruit.
- In small bowl mix dry mustard, turmeric and flour.
- Using a wire whisk slowly add pineapple juice and enough liquid from hot vegetable mixture to make a thin smooth paste. Carefully add mustard paste a little at a time to hot vegetable mixture stirring constantly.
- Stir in reserved pineapple then simmer until relish has thickened slightly stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Immediately ladle into hot jars leaving 1/4" head space.
- Wipe jar rims then seal with hot lids and screw bands.
- Process 10 minutes in a simmering water bath.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!