French Fries WafflesFrom champagnetime 1 year ago
How to make it
- 1. Preheat a Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- 2. Add half of French fries and press down firmly to compress (If using a two-well waffle iron, fill both sides).
- 3. Cook until completely crisp and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes (if using a single well waffle iron, hold finished waffle on a rack set in a rimmed baking sheet in a 200°F oven while you cook the second waffle).
- 4. Season with salt and serve with mayonnaise or ketchup immediately.
- Author Notes
- Makes 2 waffles serving 4 to 6 - Active time: 2 minutes - Total time: 25 minutes
- a Chef’s Journey’s dish from Serious Eats newsletter, 3/11/14
- Related recipe:
- Oven Roasted Garlic Shrimp
- Papaya Mustard
The Cookchampagnetime Straits Of Juan De Fuca, WA
The Rating1 people
Mommyluvs2cook and I have been playing with our waffle irons lately. I'm gonna try this.
I was in Burger King territory today so I picked up a large order of fries so I could try this. I just have a plain ol' waffle maker - not a Belgian one so I cooked them until the green light came on, lifted the lid until it turned red again and the...more
I tried this again with diner fries. They have more grease in them and it worked a lot better! I added another picture.