Carrot-Honey Muffins w/Chia SeedsFrom Cosmicmother 9 months ago
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup All-Purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seed Gel** shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, or canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt, vanilla or plain shopping list
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats) shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots ( light measure, not packed) shopping list
- 1/3 cup medium flake coconut (optional) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sultana Raisons or dried Cranberries (optional) shopping list
- **Place 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in 3/4 cups of water or juice in a jar with a lid. Shake well, let sit for one minute, then shake again. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before using. There will be extra gel leftover for future uses. You can also sub chia gel with one egg, or one tablespoon of ground flax mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Grease a 12 cup Muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- 2.Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together.
- 3.In a separate bowl, mix oil, honey, egg, chia gel, OJ, yogurt and vanilla together. Add the rolled oats and let sit while you grate the carrots.
- 4.Once the carrots are grated, add them to the wet ingredients.
- 5.Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients. Gently fold together until the flour is almost combined, add in raisons,coconut ( and other add-ins like nuts or seeds) and fold until just combined.
- 6.Spoon batter into muffin tins. Batter will completely fill the tins and mound in the center, they will only rise slightly so it will not overflow.
- 7.Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they lightly spring back when touched or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with dry crumbs.
The CookCosmicmother Red Deer, Canada
The Rating1 people
My friend and I were just talking about chai seeds the other day! I have never had them and this looks like a great recipe to start with :)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Yay..my little man loved these! Your right, they don't rise much, I was so worried as I was filling my batter up to the tippy top...but it worked out fine :) Yum! Added more in the IMI -------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it