Bears Potato CasseroleFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 6 large potatoes (boiled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 tsp basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs Italian spaghetti seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 1 pound bacon or sausage (crumbled) shopping list
- 8-10 eggs (well beaten) shopping list
- 3 Tbs bacon grease shopping list
- Non-stick pan spray shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes night before if desired.
- Fry bacon, set aside to cool.
- Use 2-3 Tbs of bacon grease to fry potatoes. Potatoes should be skinned and diced into large square pieces. Place potatoes into frying pan with bacon grease. Season with onion, salt, pepper, basil & Italian seasonings. Stir until tender, (like hash browns or American fries). Taste and add salt or more basil according to your taste. Potatoes should be browned lightly.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Layer potatoes in bottom of dish. Crumble bacon over top of potatoes. Next sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over bacon chips.
- In separate bowl mix eggs and water (like for scrambled eggs). Pour egg mixture into casserole dish. Egg mixture should cover all other ingredients. (If not, add another beaten egg or 2). Bake at 400 for approximately 40 minutes. Be sure dish is done in the middle. It will bake up puffy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve pipping hot.