Roasted Corn SaladFrom notyourmomma 10 months ago
- 4 ears of corn in the husk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup of cilantro leaves shopping list
- 4 diced green onions/white and green shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and diced fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled cojita cheese or you can use feta as a sub shopping list
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise shopping list
- zest of one lime shopping list
- juice of one lime shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of cumin shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika shopping list
- pinch of salt depending on the saltiness of the cheese shopping list
How to make it
- While grilling dinner one night, toss your four ears of corn on the grill and let them toast (it is nice to soak them in salted water over night but not necessary). Turn occasionally so they don't burn the kernals.
- Set aside for another day, or shuck and cut the corn off the corn.
- If you have everything else chopped, it is an easy toss.
- Slice corn off cob.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, with salt, red pepper flakes and cumin to your taste. We like extra cumin and a bit of smokey paprika for full flavor.
- Serve alongside your grilled chicken, pork or steak.