Asparagus QuicheFrom girlieerin 8 years ago
- 8 ounces asparagus, washed, trimmed of all hard, tough stalks, and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, if desired) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated Gruyére cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated imported parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Using a small sauté pan that has a cover, heat about half a cup of water just to boiling. Pour in the sliced asparagus, cover, and turn off the heat. Allow the asparagus to steam, with the heat turned off, while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until they are very well blended. Blend in the cream, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika until well combined. Using a heavy wooden spoon, stir in the cheese, stirring until they are well combined.
- Drain the asparagus (it should still be bright green, with a tender, slightly crunchy texture). Put it into the bottom of the prepared dish. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus. And place the quiche into the oven.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the quiche has puffed and browned, and is set in the center. Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- View Step by Step images of this Asparagus Quiche recipe (As Previously Published in Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson) at my food blog ErinCooks.com