Rotel Chilies RellenosFrom sweetwords 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb. ground chuck shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (divided) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (divided) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 10 oz. rotel, or tomatoes with onion and green pepper, drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar (divided) shopping list
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain flour shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Brown beef with onion and 1/4 tsp each garlic salt and pepper; drain.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Pour Rotel in sprayed 8x8 dish and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spread meat mixture over Rotel layer, then another 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon green chilies on top, reserving liquid (if any).
- Add liquid to 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup tomato sauce to make no more than 1 cup.
- Beat eggs till slightly foamy; combine with milk mixture, 1/4 tsp each garlic salt and pepper, and flour; pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 35-45 minutes. When testing to see if center is set, don't be fooled by the grease from the meat and cheese.