Ingredients

How to make it

  • Heat your oven up and down at max temp
  • With a sturdy pair of scissors cut the bird from the back and flatten on your chopping board by pressing it until u hear it crack slightly.
  • Pat dry the bird snd season it with salt and pepper inside and outside.
  • Slice your garlic cloves thinly and insert them into cuts u make with a sharp knife.
  • Drizzle with olive oil the chest and legs and thighs. Insert small lumps of butter beneath the chest's skin.
  • Line your tray with foil and put the bird to bake up and down for 10 minutes till it is slightly yellow.
  • Take out the bird put it on a roasting wire and paint with mustard chili powder coriander and molasses.
  • Lower oven to 220 c and bake for 35 minutes on lower thermostat. Bake for 10-15 on upper thermostat.

Reviews & Comments 6

Add a Link?

Post a link to another recipe or group by pasting the url into the box where you want it to show up. We'll do the rest.

Post Message or cancel
  • canullia 3 years ago
    The purpose of the ten minutes cooking is to slightly crisp the chicken u can do it by frying in deep hot oil or grilling on a hot griddle or grill.
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag
  • canullia 3 years ago
    please note that thermostats are the oven's heating resistance wires or pads for infra red.
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag
  • canullia 3 years ago
    hi guys thanks for stopping by. My oven is a turkish electric oven with two thermostats upper and lower. hence i cook on two stages lower 95% of the cooking and the remaining 5% for glaze or roasted face of roast or casseroles. Please note the molasses and mustard glaze color and caramelize the chicken. Every machine has a tweak around. if your broiler is on a stove or you dont have one you can deep fry your chicken first or grill for ten minutes then roast in the oven or grill for 95% of cooking then baste and fry or grill your chicken for same effect or even if u just have a stove the flattened chicken can be put on a roasting rack or wire and turned to roast each side for a while. Hope this helps
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag
  • hungrynow 3 years ago
    I am thinking perhaps "Heat your oven up and down at max temp" means a stove with the oven and broiler in same cavity and heated to max temp. All stoves are not equal. Some have broilers in a separate compartment in which case this would not work. Recipe looks great and I'm going to follow the oven/broiler temp change instructions. Hope Canullia will set us straight!
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 3 years ago
    Yummy, sounds so delicious! Hope you answer Points questions below, because I am too, confused. :)
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag
  • pointsevenout 3 years ago
    I'm unfamiliar with some terminology you use.
    What does "Heat your oven up and down at max temp" mean? It's the up and down part that throws me.
    In instruction line 6 it appears again.
    And what does lower thermostat and upper thermostat mean?
    Was this review helpful? Yes Flag

Maybe List
Hang onto this recipe

while I look at others.

Holding 0 recipes