Bagel DogsFrom arickard 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp molasses shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 cups high gluten flour (or regular flour mixed with 2 TBS gluten flour) shopping list
- ------- shopping list
- 4 hot dogs shopping list
- (optional) sesame seeds and/or dried onion flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the first five ingredients and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Add flour to a food processor, and while running, slowly add wet mixture. Dough should be sticky, add water if needed.
- Leave to sit, covered, for five minutes.
- Divide into four equal parts.
- Roll each part into a long piece, that is about twice as long as your hot dog, then flatten.
- Place the hot dog at a 45 degree angle on the dough, and wrap, letting the dough overlap slightly.
- Boil in large pot of salted water for 3 minutes each and remove from water.
- If desired, press into a plate of sesame seeds or dried onion flakes.
- Bake in oven, or grill on BBQ until dough is golden brown.
- Fully cooked, they freeze well, and can be reheated in the microwave.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookarickard Brisbane, AU
The Rating4 people
Sounds good. I will make them with veggie dogs as I HATE hot dogs and so does my son. But I really think he would enjoy eating and making these.
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it
This worked out really well. The dough ended up needing a lot more water than suggested, but I suppose that happens. I tried skipping the boiling step for one of them and it was still good, but the dough was a little less soft and tender--so I do rec...moreduckflesh in loved it