Bagel DogsFrom arickard 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp molasses shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 cups high gluten flour (or regular flour mixed with 2 TBS gluten flour) shopping list
- ------- shopping list
- 4 hot dogs shopping list
- (optional) sesame seeds and/or dried onion flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the first five ingredients and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Add flour to a food processor, and while running, slowly add wet mixture. Dough should be sticky, add water if needed.
- Leave to sit, covered, for five minutes.
- Divide into four equal parts.
- Roll each part into a long piece, that is about twice as long as your hot dog, then flatten.
- Place the hot dog at a 45 degree angle on the dough, and wrap, letting the dough overlap slightly.
- Boil in large pot of salted water for 3 minutes each and remove from water.
- If desired, press into a plate of sesame seeds or dried onion flakes.
- Bake in oven, or grill on BBQ until dough is golden brown.
- Fully cooked, they freeze well, and can be reheated in the microwave.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookarickard Brisbane, AU
The Rating4 people
This worked out really well. The dough ended up needing a lot more water than suggested, but I suppose that happens. I tried skipping the boiling step for one of them and it was still good, but the dough was a little less soft and tender--so I do rec...moreduckflesh in loved it
Sounds good. I will make them with veggie dogs as I HATE hot dogs and so does my son. But I really think he would enjoy eating and making these.
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it