Hungarian Plum DumplingsFrom paprikamama 7 years ago
- 12 to 16 plums, seeded and cut in half. shopping list
- cinnimon as desired shopping list
- sugar cubes for each half of plums shopping list
- 2 cups or more of bread crumbs plain shopping list
- sugar for bread crumbs, add as desired for sweetness. shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups cooked,riced potatoes, cooled ( about 4 medium ) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Cut butter into flour as for pie crust.
- add potatoes and salt, stir until mixed in.
- add eggs and knead dough well.
- roll out on floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
- cut into 3 inch squares.
- place a plum with sugar cube in each piece and sprinkle with some cinnimon.
- pinch dough around plum to form balls ( dust hands with flour )
- drop into boiling salted water and boil about 15 minutes.
- drain and rinse.
- heat butter in frying pan and add bread crumbs, brown till golden
- add desired amount of sugar and cinnimon
- place dumplings in pan and roll around to coat evenly.
- serve warm...or cold....plum sauce can be drizzled over top if desired.
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating4 people
I love the dough recipe. Grandma Plaza would most definitely approve. This sounds absolutely awesome and it will be on our Christmas Eve dinner table for sure. Dad#2 always gets his favorites on Christmas Eve, Sauerkraut soup, pierogis, kielbasa,...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
It's about time you posted this great recipe! I love these!!!! I can't wait to make them again.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
Wow, my mom made these every summer with plums from the tree in our backyard. She grew up in Croatia, but the recipe is the same.
maggiel52 in Conway loved it