Lemon Chicken In A CrockpotFrom floridasunshine 9 years ago
- 1 (3 lb) cut up broiler-fryer chicken shopping list
- 1/4 c. of sherry wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 c. of lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. of crumbled dry oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of crumbled dried rosemary shopping list
- 3 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First wash chicken; pat dry.
- Then season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Next you want to sprinkle half of oregano, rosemary and garlic inside cavity of chicken.
- Now you can melt butter in frying pan and brown chicken; transfer to slow cooker or crockpot.
- Then sprinkle with remaining oregano, rosemary and garlic.
- Add your sherry to frying pan and stir to loosen brown bits; pour into slow cooker.
- Finally, cook on LOW flame for approx. 7 hours; adding in the lemon juice and cook approx. 1 more hour (total of 8); transfer your chicken to cutting board; skim fat from juices and serve over chicken.
People Who Like This Dish 92
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating7 people
This recipe was excellent!tammysunshine5 in Albuquerque loved it
I made this for dinner last night & it was just amazing! It was the most moist, tender chicken I ahve ever made. And do easy too! :) I was out of rosemary & fresh garlic so I generously sprinkled lemon pepper over the entire chicken inside & out. ...morehottamale in Canton loved it
Faaaantastick!!gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!