Creamy Artichoke Alfredo SauceFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2-8 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley,chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- pasta of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant,about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add artichokes, and cook untl slightly browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, 1 cup heavy cream, parmesan, and lemon zest and juice.
- Cook over low heat, do not boil, until ingredients are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss cooke pasta with sauce, remained 1/4 cup heavy cream, parsley and basil. Sprinkle with extra parmesan if desired.