Vegan Low-fat Walnut BrowniesFrom pinkpotter 8 years ago
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 4 tsp powdered egg replacer (like Ener-G) shopping list
- 1 tbsp coffee granules/ powder shopping list
- 4 oz (0.5 cup) extra-firm silken tofu OR medium-firm regular tofu shopping list
- 1/4 cup water (for more flavor use a liquor like Kahlua) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1.5 tsp vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour (just reguar all purpose) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped nuts (or 1/2 c for more nuts) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cocoa, egg replacer & coffee granules.
- Then crumble the tofu into the bowl. Into that same bowl add the water, vanilla and vinegar.
- Use an electric mixer and beat till well-combined.
- (Another method is to put all of the above ingredients into a food processor & process till smooth)
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda.
- Add the cocoa-tofu mixture into the flour mixture. Stir to combine, then add the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 X 8 inch or 7 X 11 inch pan that has been lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread out the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into 12 bars.
The Cookpinkpotter Whitehouse Station, NJ
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!