Mmmm CornbreadFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon chopped jalapenos (could be more, could be less - it's all about taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch square Pyrex baking dish, cast iron skillet, or cornbread mold.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the dry mixture, add egg, milk, sour cream, oil, and jalapenos and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
Okay, I'm coming clean: I'm gathering data to make the perfect cornbread muffins for my restaurant. The challenge is that I have never pursued Southern cooking, and so must make up for my sins now. What I I am taking away to my laboratory from your...moreshine in Rainier loved it