Blueberry JamFrom floridasunshine 7 years ago
How to make it
- First you should thaw and drain blueberries.
- Then crush blueberries one layer at a time.
- Next you want to combine 3 cups crushed blueberries and lemon juice in a large saucepot.
- Then stir in Fruit Jell pectin.
- Now bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Then you can add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Return this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Let this Boil hard approx. 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- This needs to be removed from heat.
- Skim off any foam if necessary.
- Preserve It-.
- Ladle hot jam into hot"Ball" 8-oz.
- jelly jar to 1/4 in below rim.
- Now Wipe jar rim clean.
- You need to place lid on jar and tighten band, just until a point of resistance is met.
- You then need to process approx. 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Let this Cool for approx. 12 to 24 hours.
- You then can remove bands.
- Lids should always concave in middle.
- Yield: about 6 half pints.
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!