Party Chicken for a CrowdFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breast per person (12) shopping list
- 2 packages of cream cheese, (8 ounce each) shopping list
- 3 tbsp of green peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dried parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of tarragon shopping list
- 2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 tbsp of water shopping list
- seasoned bread crumbs (mom used Italian blend crumbs) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Flatten each chicken breast with the flat side of a mallet until it is equally thin and malleable.
- Mix the cream cheese with the slightly crushed green peppercorns, parsley, tarragon, salt and lemon zest. Mix well and divide into 12 equal portions.
- (I roll it into a cylinder on wax paper, chill and then cut in equal pieces)
- Put a piece of chilled cream cheese in the center of a chicken breast half, roll the flattened chicken breast around the cheese tucking in the sides to form a neat little bundles. It should stick together because of the cheese.
- Now dip it in the eggs mixed with the water, then into the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Now you must refrigerate this covered for at least 30 minutes.
- It will cook better if it starts out good and cold..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken bundles in an oiled baking dish, pour melted butter over all and back uncovered for 35 minutes. Do not turn.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- dottiet Woodward, OK
- borius Klamath Falls, OR
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- sajhe Monticello, MN
- dandelion Ashland, NE
- georgiarose Tallahassee, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
wow im coming to your partryminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yum!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
OMG! Hellllllooooooo, I'm coming for dinner!justjakesmom in Everett loved it