Roasted Corn and Crab SoupFrom akross 6 years ago
- 8 ears yellow corn, cut off cob shopping list
- 2 bulbs fennel, washed and chopped shopping list
- 2 leeks, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 stalks celery, washed and chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse grind black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 tsp leaf thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups white wine shopping list
- 1 quart heavy cream shopping list
- 1 quart half and half shopping list
- lump crab meat shopping list
- chopped scallions, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy pot, over medium heat, lightly cook vegetables in butter, until vegetables become translucent. Keep some kernels out for garnish (make sure some are individual and some are still clumped together for best garnish).
- While sweating, season with the bay leaf, black pepper, cayenne, thyme, oregano, salt, Old Bay Seasoning, and chili powder.
- Deglaze with white wine. Reduce, add heavy cream and half and half. Bring to boil, simmer until reduced by 1/8 volume. Mix with hand-blender to puree, then strain. You should have a lovely thick creamy soup.
- Pan roast some corn kernels in a dry pan for garnish. Garnish soup bowls with roasted corn kernels, lump crab and scallions.
The Cookakross Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!