Old Time Lemon - Cornmeal Icebox CookiesFrom noir 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons stick margarine, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. Grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- Beat the margarine at medium speed of a mixer, until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, beating a medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add the lemon rind, vanilla extract, egg white and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Turn the dough out onto wax paper, and shape into a 6-inch log. Wrap the log in wax paper and freeze for 3 hours or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut log into 24 (1/4 inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Enjoy!