Chocolate Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coca powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 eggs room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup neufchatel cheese softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler then set aside to cool.
- In bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs then add honey and beat until light.
- Add butter to eggs and beat well then stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add cooled chocolate and mix well.
- Stir in buttermilk then dry ingredients just until combined then stir in grated carrots.
- Pour batter into two buttered and floured cake pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool before taking out of pans then cool completely and frost.
- To make frosting beat butter then add cream cheese and beat until creamy.
- Add syrup and beat again then add cocoa, coffee and rum and beat until well combined.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!