Saag Indian SpinachFrom heatherbudapest 9 years ago
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1-inch piece of ginger shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tomato puree shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (see submitted recipe) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons light cream shopping list
How to make it
- Defrost spinach.
- Put onion, garlic, and ginger in a blender with a little water and blend to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, and let this turn golden-brown over medium heat.
- Add turmeric and the spinach.
- Stir for 5 minutes and add the coriander and tomato puree.
- Let the spinach cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garam masala and the light cream to finish this dish.
- Serves 4-6.
- Excellent served in an Indian meal with rice, a meat or legume dish, and Nan or roti bread.
The Cookheatherbudapest By The Lakeside, MI
The Rating4 people
My family and I were served this delicious dish at a friends house and it is sooooooo amazingly yummy. Thank you for sharing it. It's a "5"lor in Toronto loved it
Yuuuuuuuuum!! :DZephyris in loved it
Great recipe. Perhaps this is what I'll have for lunch tomorrow.skoch in Oslo loved it