Pan Fried Onion DipFrom desertgal 8 years ago
- 2 large yellow onions (or chopped) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 3 cups of onions.) Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!