Greek PaniniFrom dixiejet 9 years ago
- 4 pieces flat bread (I use Toufayan brand, You can usually find it in the deli at Walmart) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used Pesto or can use store bought pesto) shopping list
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coursely chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and coursely chopped shopping list
- 20 leaves baby spinach shopping list
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced (I used leftover grilled chicken) shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- On bottom of all bread pieces brush on olive oil.
- Spread one T of pesto (or more if you like) on each piece of bread on the top side. So the bottoms will have olive oil & the tops will have pesto.
- On the the pesto side on ONE HALF of bread place spinach leaves. Repeat with other bread.
- On top of spinach place 1/4 of mozzerella. Repeat with other bread.
- Layer on chicken, olives, tomatoes and 1/4 of mozzerella. Repeat on other bread to make 4 complete sandwiches. Fold in half with the olive oil side on the outside.
- Grill on panini grill or foreman grill.
- If you don't have these, heat grill pan to medium heat. Wash two bricks and cover with foil. Place sandwiches side by side on grill pan. Place foil covered bricks on top. Cook on medium for 4-6 minutes. Turn over and replace bricks. Cook an additional 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted brown.