Panisses Chickpea Flour FriesFrom noir 7 years ago
How to make it
- Brush six saucers with olive oil and set aside.
- Pour chickpea flour in a steady stream into 4 cups cold salted water in a large, heavy saucepan, whisking as you pour to prevent lumps.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking vigorously, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, still whisking, and pour batter into saucers.
- Fill the saucers up to the rims, about 1⁄2" thick.
- Cool at least 30 minutes, then gently slide batter off saucers and cut into "steak-fry" shapes, about 3⁄4" x 3" long.
- Heat 1" olive oil/vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over high heat.
- Fry in batches without crowding, turning often, until golden brown, about 5–7 minutes.
- Drain, season with salt and pepper.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
These were really great! Who'd a thunk, chickpeas?pink in USA loved it