What A Jerk Smoked Pork LoinFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- The Jerk: shopping list
- 6 tbsp of onion powder shopping list
- 6 tbsp of garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp of ground allspice shopping list
- 2 tbsp of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of dried powdered thyme shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 ground chipotle powder shopping list
- The Meat: shopping list
- 4 lb. boneless pork loin center cut with fat left on shopping list
- The Mop: shopping list
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen mango pieces, defrosted shopping list
- juice of two limes shopping list
- juice of one orange shopping list
- 4 to 6 pieces of jarred pickled jalapenos, chopped shopping list
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of pickling juice from the jar shopping list
- 3 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp of molasses shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground thyme shopping list
- The DIP: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of prepared mango chutney shopping list
- 2 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1/8 cup of vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 cup of rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- PInch of red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix rub ingredients. Store in a dark cool pantry, tightly covered.
- Day before you want to smoke, rub the jerk over the pork loin generously. Cover with plastic and let rest overnight.
- 8 hours before dinner time
- Prepare smoker, bring temp up to 220 degrees.
- Bring pork out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put pork loin on smoker close lid and leave alone.
- Prep the mopping sauce while the pork is smoking. Basically, I just process the mop sauce in the blender until it is smooth.
- After the first 40 minutes, mop on the basting sauce. Close lid.
- Come back in 40 more minutes, baste.
- Another 40 minutes, Baste.
- Last 40 minutes and remove the pork from the smoker.
- Place on double thickness of heavy duty foil. Add about 1/4 cup of baste around the pork. Cover tightly in foil, sealing quite well.
- Put back in the smoker for a remaining two hours or so.
- check internal temperature, you want 170 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and let rest for at least 10 minutes to redistribute the juices.
- Slice and serve with dipping sauce.
- I put the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small cast iron skillet and let it sit in the smoker for the last hour of smoking as far away from the heat source as possible. I don't want the rum to flame.
- Sit down, have a drink and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!