Yankee Pot RoastFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb salt pork or bacon fat shopping list
- 1 4 or 6 lb bottom round roast shopping list
- 2 med celery stalks shopping list
- 2 med carrots shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced shopping list
- 1 1lb can tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 peppercorns shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup each string beans,cubed carrots,and cooked peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked celery shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven,brown roast in salt pork or bacon fat.
- Put celery,carrots,onion and tomatoes around meat
- Sprinkle Salt,peppercorns and bay leaf over roast:add water
- bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer over low heat or in a 350 oven 2 1/2 hours
- lift out roast....Keep warm
- Strain stock,putting vegetables aside.
- Skim fat off stock.returning 1/4 cup fat to dutch oven:Stir flour into fat.
- Add 4 cups stock cook and stir until thickened.
- Check seasonings.
- Add vegetables and heat.
- serve the gravy with beef slices
The Cookcaramia US.
- Not added to any groups yet!