Dizzys Smoked Turkey LegsFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
How to make it
- Heat stock to boil to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add to a large pot along with ice water.
- Brine turkey legs for 24 hours.
- Wash the brine off and heat one side of a gas BBQ to 220 degrees.
- Prepare 4 large foil packets of half soaked, half dry hickory chunks.
- Place one packet on the heat, close BBQ and wait for smoke to start.
- Quickly place turkey on the indirect heat side of the BBQ, close lid.
- Cook about 4 hours or until done, changing the smoke packet every hour.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Party Food316 members
Copy Cat Recipes370 members
Whole Foods142 members