Eggplant StacksFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1 medium to large eggplant shopping list
- 1 large sweet or spanish onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 12 large basil leaves shopping list
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Trim stem and bottom ends of eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into 12 rounds.
- Lay slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand 30 minutes to drain excess moisture.
- Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil.
- Grill or broil eggplant slices untl softened and lightly browned.
- Top each eggplant slice with a slice of onion.
- Top each with a tomato slice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each with one basil leaf and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and place under broiler until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Serve hot.
- Can be served on English muffin halves for an easy brunch dish.