Hobo PotatoesFrom dugger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Layer potato slices, onion, and garlic in a 9 x 13 baking dish or foil pouch.
- Drizzle each layer with olive oil. Place butter pieces evenly on each layer about 1 inch apart.
- Salt and Pepper each layer to taste.
- If baked, cover the baking dish with foil. If grilled fold up the foil to make a covered packet.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 45 min or place on grill for about 30 min. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 41
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating12 people
Got this recipe from a chef here in Louisville who was attending a Mother's Day dinner at my daughters. She had planned on scalloped potatoes, steaks & cooked asparagus. So naturally the power went out. We had a grill so he whipped up the Hobo Pota...moredugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
By the way, I don't usually rate my own recipes but this one has been around several years, has been prepared and offered to guests many times and has always been a hit. So if I seem a little smug... well ... yeah. And it's not really my recipe, I ...moredugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Sounds good to me! I didn't realize you had a Hobo recipe posted when I posted my meal.
I have a felling I could really like your hobo potatoes with some Parmesan cheese and bacon sprinkled over the top. Good for the HDL!!!
I will add thi...morethepiggs in loved it