Hot CornFrom rosemaryblue 8 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package good quality cream cheese shopping list
- 2 (12 ounce) cans shoe peg white corn* shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 or 2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine cheese mixture with remaining ingredients in a 2 quart baking dish
- Add jalapeno peppers, if desired, for an extra spicy taste.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees
- *NOTE: I have used frozen shoepeg corn, and I cook it in very little water for a few minutes, just to defrost. After draining it, I add it to the cream mixture.