Peach Crisp To Make You SwoonFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 4 c. peaches, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 t. almond extract shopping list
- 2 T. water shopping list
- 1 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter (this is not a mis-print) shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- *Oven 350 degrees F.
- *Combine peaches, almond extract and water. (If peaches aren't totally ripe, add a T. or 2 of white or brown sugar. )
- *Pour peaches into a 8 x 8-inch or similar sized pan.
- *Using a food processor (or a bowl and pastry cutter) combine flour, sugars, salt, cinnamon, and 1/2 c. butter; combine (or cut with pastry cutter) until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- *Sprinkle flour mixture over the top of the peaches in the pan, dot with butter pieces and sprinkle nutmeg lightly over the top to taste.
- *Bake *covered* at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, remove cover and continue to bake for 40-45 minutes.
- *Let crisp stand for about 15 minutes or so before serving. Not possible for me, even if I burn my fingers : D
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating5 people
I'm dissapointed. Went to the pantry for almond extract but alas it was not there, used rum extract instead. Hope it turns out alright. On the rack bubbling and cooling. Keep your fingers out!pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Here I am again. Thought I'd rate it this time. If this ain't a dish to rub on your hips, I don't know what is. Mother loves sugar but said it was too sweet. I'll let it cool and try again. It's durn good.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
Shandy, thanks for this recipe! I have been looking for a peach recipe for the last several days as a neighbor gave me some huge bags of frozen peaches. Your recipe looks great and I'm so glad that you took the time to post it for all of us out here!...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!