Peach Crisp To Make You SwoonFrom shandy 9 years ago
- 4 c. peaches, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 t. almond extract shopping list
- 2 T. water shopping list
- 1 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter (this is not a mis-print) shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- *Oven 350 degrees F.
- *Combine peaches, almond extract and water. (If peaches aren't totally ripe, add a T. or 2 of white or brown sugar. )
- *Pour peaches into a 8 x 8-inch or similar sized pan.
- *Using a food processor (or a bowl and pastry cutter) combine flour, sugars, salt, cinnamon, and 1/2 c. butter; combine (or cut with pastry cutter) until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- *Sprinkle flour mixture over the top of the peaches in the pan, dot with butter pieces and sprinkle nutmeg lightly over the top to taste.
- *Bake *covered* at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, remove cover and continue to bake for 40-45 minutes.
- *Let crisp stand for about 15 minutes or so before serving. Not possible for me, even if I burn my fingers : D
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating5 people
Oh yaha, this is fantastic, everyone needs to try this, I have used Apricots also.. this is a must try!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
YUM :)henrie in Savannah loved it
Shandy, you're back!! Don't think I've seen you in awhile (I know you've had a busy summer) - so glad to see a post from you...and what a post! Decadent - just the way I like it. And our peaches are great right now - perfect...thanks!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!