Chicken Long RiceFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 3 lb chicken wings or 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 T oil shopping list
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 – 7 c water for chicken wings or 1 large can of chicken broth if using chicken thighs or use Knorr bullion granulars to make broth shopping list
- 1 ½ t soy sauce shopping list
- 1 – 6 oz can whole mushrooms or 1 c fresh button mushrooms shopping list
- 1 – 6 oz pk long rice/saifun (bean threads - clear coils of noodles found in the Asian section of the supermarket or Asian stores) or use oriental vermicelli shopping list
- 2 T chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Cover and soak long rice in cold water for 30 minutes; cut into 2" lengths.
- Wash chicken wings or clean, wash and cut chicken thighs into 1" slivers.
- In a large pot add chicken wings, garlic and soy sauce and boil for 1 hour
- If using the boneless chicken thighs, heat oil in a large skillet and saute chicken and garlic until browned and in a large pot bring chicken broth and soy sauce to a boil add chicken mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- To either method used, add long rice and mushrooms to broth and chicken mixture.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve. Serves: 10 – 12.
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
The Rating2 people
So good! We were raking leaves all day yesterday, so I browned the chicken with the garlic, then put it all into the slow cooker. Everybody loved it, thanks for posting!modelsmom in Worcester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!