PralineFrom vivian 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put the sugar and nuts in the bottom of a heavy based pan. Cook on a very low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has melted and turned a golden brown colour. Be sure that all the nuts are well coated.
- Brush a flat baking tray with oil. Spread the nuts and syrup onto the tray and leave to set.
- Crush the praline with a rolling pin or food processor. It can be coarse or fine, according to personal preference. Alternatively, simply break it into uneven slabs. Use the praline as a garnish, or flavor ice cream with ground praline. Chunks of praline can also be stirred into a softened ice cream or bomb to provide a contrast in texture.
- Variation Use peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans instead of almonds.
- Glazed nuts Melt the sugar as above and dip the nuts in one at a time. Remove and leave to cool on a sheet of greaseproof paper.