Tofu Foo YungFrom oescrazy1 9 years ago
- For the tofu Foo Yung: shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 8 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 3/4 lbs. tofu, mashed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup mashed tofu shopping list
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- For the mushroom Gravy: shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- • In a skillet or wok, sautè the snow peas, mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts in the oil over low heat for about 5 minutes. When the vegetables are crisp-tender, mix in the bean sprouts. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- • In a blender or food processor, blend together 1 3/4 lbs. tofu and the soy sauce until smooth and creamy. Pour into a bowl and mix in the 1/2 cup tofu, flour, nutritional yeast, if using, and baking powder.
- • Mix the vegetables and tofu together well. On an oiled cookie sheet, make six to eight 5-inch rounds about 1/2 inch thick, using about 1/2 cup of the mixture for each round. Leave about 1 inch of space between the rounds. Bake for 30 minutes, flip over, and bake 15 more minutes. Serve hot over rice or noodles with Mushroom Gravy (recipe follows).
- For the Mushroom Gravy:
- • Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until thickened.
The Cookoescrazy1 AR
- Not added to any groups yet!